An app that existed even before Android existed!
Norris is a showcase for modern and well-crafted Android code.
Here you will find a codebase powered by tests in all semantic levels (unit, integration, acceptance) as well an architectural design that promotes discipline over state, using Kotlin Coroutines as foundation for a pragmatic unidirectional dataflow implementation.
This project leverages on api.chucknorris.io as remote data source to implement the following use cases
- User can search for Chuck Norris facts and share them
- Related categories are fetched in the application boostraped and cached
- Application will offer suggestions for queries based on categories names and track query terms provided by user as well
The code is structured in a multi-module fashion, with semantics of high-level modules (under
features) packaging high-level pieces of funcionality (including UI details) while low-level modules (or
platform ones) provide required infrastructure for features, like networking, storage and so on.
Building and Running
If you want a simple run emulating the PR pipeline, just use the companion script
- Run static analysers (Ktlint and Detekt)
- Run all unit tests and generate all JaCoCo reports
- Assemble the debug APK
- Run Espresso tests
Please note that an online emulator is required to run this script sucessfully.
- Mathias Schilling, for the Chuck Norris facts REST api
- Material Design Icons for the error states images
- Jetbrains for the amazing developer experience around Kotlin and Coroutines
- Someone in the Web for the Norris clipart
❤️(I'll be happy to put your name here, ping me!)
Coded by Ubiratan Soares (follow me on Twitter)
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2019 Dotanuki Labs Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.