SelectorChapek for Android
This Android Studio plugin automatically generates drawable selectors from appropriately named Android resources.
How to install it:
- in Android Studio: go to
Preferences→Plugins→Browse repositoriesand search for
- download it and install via
Preferences→Plugins→Install plugin from disk
How to use it:
- Right-click folder with your resources e.g 'drawable-xhdpi'
- Select 'Generate Android Selectors'
- All selectors automagically appear in the 'drawable' folder!
In order of plugin to work, resources need to be appropriately named. The plugin supports png or nine-patch files with certain suffices anywhere in the file name. You can also combine any suffixes together.
|File name suffix
- UI which will tell you which selectors will be generated
- possibility to change naming mapping
Pull requests are welcomed!
Karel Čapek was a famous Czech writer, inventor of the word 'robot'. The word comes from Czech word 'robota', which means 'hard manual labor'. As with Čapek's robots, this plugin will remove your unnecessary manual labor.