Vespucci - An OpenStreetMap editor for Android
If you're interested in this project, you're welcome to help improving it. We need UI designers, translators, and of course Java programmers. Join now! Join our mailing list or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Vespucci?
- An offline (once you have downloaded data) editor for OpenStreetMap
- Runs on mobile devices using the Android platform
- Create and edit new nodes and ways
- Move and rotate ways
- Append nodes to existing ways
- Delete nodes
- Create, edit and delete tags
- Edit relations and create new turn restrictions
- JOSM presets support
- Download and upload to OSM server
- Saving and reading of JOSM format OSM data files
- Highlight objects with missing tags like unnamed roads
- Highlight ways/nodes with TODOs or FIXMEs
- Highlight very old objects that are likely to be outdated
- Add, comment and close OSM Notes
- Use a variety of background tile layers as reference
- Show the user's GPS track with accuracy
- Upload to OSM and local saving of GPS tracks
- Display the raw data
- Display geo-referenced photographs
Detailed documentation can be found on the Vespucci Website
What is Vespucci NOT?
- a pure map-view or a routing-application
Getting started with contributing
Here is how you can start developing.
Currently building is supported with eclipse, android studio and gradle, see build instructions.
Important note: if you are building your own version, particularly if you are making it available to third parties, please change app_version and app_name_version in res/values/appname.xml to something that makes it clear that this is not an "official" release and clearly identifies your builds.
Vespucci utilizes a number of independent, separately maintained, projects. The most relevant of these are
- Editor Layer Index background and overlay layers configuration
- Beautified JOSM Preset presets
- OpeningHoursFragment opening hours user interface
- Name Suggestion Index name/brand-related tag suggestions database
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.