Kotlin Android MVP Demo
This demo aims shows practical way of clean architecture, MVP in android with Kotlin.
Here are the libraries used in this demo application:
- Retrofit Coverter Gson
Steps for trying out this sample:
- Replace the API Key in the gradle.properties with your pixabay API Key
Go to the project and change the <API_KEY> in the gradle.properties
Note: If you have invalid pixabay API Key, you won't see any video in the list.
- Compile and install the mobile app onto your mobile device or emulator.
This sample aims to demonstrate a number of different Android APIs and Kotlin.
The sample also focuses on providing a simple, yet clean design and UI for apps with an extra level of visual polish compared to a traditional code sample.
Some of the UI widgets and design patterns used in the mobile app include:
- Use of Material theme including definition of primary and accent colors
- AppCompat usage for Material theme backward compatibility
- Window content and activity transitions based on the Material guidelines
- Use of the RecyclerView widget
- CoordinatorLayout from the Design Support library
- Material animations such as activity and Shared Element Transition for the RecyclerView
- Android SDK 25
- Android Build Tools v25.0.2
- Android Support Repository
This sample uses the Gradle build system. To build this project, use the "gradlew build" command or use "Import Project" in Android Studio.
If you've found an error in this sample, please file an issue to https://github.com/vsay01/VideoApp Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted by forking this project and submitting a pull request through GitHub. Please see CONTRIBUTING.md for more details.
Copyright 2017 Vortana Say
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.