A sample of how to mimic the way that the contacts app handles a Fast-Scroller for a RecyclerView
This POC is based on this website's tutorial, but with a lot of fixes, optimizations, cleaner code, and of course styling like on Lollipop's contacts app.
Here's how the contacts app of Android Lollipop (5.0.x) looks like:
and here's how I managed to mimic its fast-scroller:
Known issues and TODOs
- It's a POC, so it's not so comfortable to customize, but on the other hand, you can put any style you wish.
- I think there are issues when changing the orientation.
- Not a library. I hope I can think of a way that this could be a nice library
- Minimal API is 11 . I'd like it to be lower.
- Supports only LinearLayoutManager for now. Wish it would also support Gridlayoutmanager .