Analyzes an APK and prints information helpful to a developer
- API levels as declared in the manifest.
- Number of permissions/activities/services/receivers. If
-vis set, they will also be listed
- Information about the signing certificate. If the APK is signed it will also be validated.
- The largest files in the APK, along with the largest resources.
- Information about the DEX files, such as how many there are and the number of classes, methods and strings.
- List of the supported JNI architectures based on the contents of the
It can also:
- Dump the manifest to console
- Dump a list of all classes as list/tree graph/graphml
Get the latest release here: https://github.com/alt236/apkdetails/releases
usage: apkdetails.jar [-h] -i <arg> [-o <arg>] [--print-class-graph | --print-class-list | --print-class-tree | --print-manifest] [-r] [-s <arg>] [-v] version: 1.2.3 Analyzes an APK and prints helpful info. -h,--human If set, file sizes will be human readable -i,--input <arg> Input. This can be either a single APK, or a directory. If it's the latter, all files with ".apk" extension will be analysed -o,--output <arg> Output Directory (Optional) --print-class-graph Print the APK classes as a GraphML graph to terminal. It ignores all options except -i and -o. --print-class-list Print the APK classes as a list to the terminal. It ignores all options except -i and -o, except -v which will print additional class information like the dexfile the class belongs to. --print-class-tree Print the APK classes as an ASCII tree to terminal. It ignores all options except -i and -o. --print-manifest Print the APK manifest to the terminal. It ignores all options except -i and -o. -r,--recursive If set, and input is a directory, it will recursively find all APKs contained. -s,--show-only <arg> Show only the following, comma separated outputs. Valid options are: [architectures, build_config, certificates, content_size, dex_info, file_info, manifest, resources] -v,--verbose If set, more detailed information will be printed. This includes a full list of Manifest activities/permissions/receivers and services. Sample usage: * apkdetails.jar --input ~/tmp/sample.apk * apkdetails.jar -v -i ~/tmp/path/to/apks/ Source code: https://github.com/alt236/apkdetails Please report issues at https://github.com/alt236/apkdetails/issues
apkdetails.jar --input ~/tmp/sample.apk apkdetails.jar -v -i ~/tmp/path/to/apks/
mvn clean package && chmod +x target/apkdetails-X.X.jar
- 1.0.0: First release.
- 1.1.0: Added selection of outputs.
- 1.2.0: Added options to print list/tree/graph of classes and dump of the Manifest to the terminal.
- 1.2.1: Fixed NPE when EncodedValue is null while parsing BuildConfigs.
- 1.2.2: Added option to recursively search a directory for APKs.
- 1.2.3: Now prints the dexfile a class is stored in when calling --print-class-list while verbose.
- 1.2.4: Bumped dexlib2 version to 2.4.0.
- Github: https://github.com/alt236/apkdetails
- Bug reports: https://github.com/alt236/apkdetails/issues
- Releases: https://github.com/alt236/apkdetails/releases
Author: Alexandros Schillings.
The XML parser a slightly modified version of the one in apk-extractor by Prasanta Paul.
The code in this project is licensed under the Apache Software License 2.0.
Copyright (c) 2017-present, Alexandros Schillings.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.