Katana is a lightweight, minimalistic dependency injection library (similar to the service locator pattern) for Kotlin on the JVM, designed especially with Android in mind.
- Extremely lightweight footprint (only ~15kB in classes and ~130 methods after ProGuard), plain Kotlin, no third-party dependencies
- It's fast (also see this comparison)
- "Less is more", therefore:
Want to know more? Please read Getting Started.
Katana consists of a core library and several additional libraries that extend Katana's functionality. All artifact are published in group
org.rewedigital.katana. Here's a quick overview of all available artifacts:
|katana-core||Provides core functionality. Suitable for plain Kotlin (JVM) and Android.|
|katana-android||Android-specific extensions like modules for |
|katana-androidx-fragment||Additional support for |
|katana-androidx-viewmodel||Enables dependency injection for AndroidX ViewModel.|
|katana-androidx-viewmodel-savedstate||Support for AndroidX ViewModel with SavedState.|
Help & Contribution
- Why we need yet another dependency injection framework for Kotlin & Android
- Leak free dependency injection in Android
- Android UI testing with Katana
- Android Fragments & dependency injection
- Dependency injection into Android ViewModels (with Savedstate)
- Multibindings with Katana
- Slides of a talk about Katana at the Kotlin User Group Cologne
- More Slides (German) of a Katana talk held at the 2019 Kotlin/Everywhere event at REWE Digital in Cologne.
The MIT license (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2018-2020 REWE Digital GmbH
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.