A library that handles the closing of your app interactively.
Overview of Shutdown library
- Shutdown library handles the closing of your app interactively, providing a user the chance to revisit his plan of closing the app.
- It can also be used to close just an activity and not necessarily the whole app
- Has no dependencies
- Survives configuration change
- NO special initialization is required.
- A single line of code does it all!
Using Shutdown Library in your Android application
Add this in your build.gradle
Place this in your activity
- This Displays the default message
Press back again to close.
- A user is expected to press back button again within the next 3 seconds, after which it resets.
- You can also specify the timeout in milliseconds.
Calling it from a fragment
To specify a different Toast message
Shutdown.now(this,"Hey! You are about to leave");
To specify a different Timeout (in milliseconds)
To specify a different Toast message and a different Timeout (in milliseconds)
Shutdown.now(this,"Hey! You are about to leave",5000);
If this library helps you in anyway, show your love
❤️ by putting a ⭐️ on this project ✌️; or you can buy me a coffee
Copyright (C) 2017 Emmanuel Kehinde Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Contributing to Shutdown
All pull requests are welcome, make sure to follow the contribution guidelines when you submit pull request.