An apk decompiler for android. Built on Android Studio 1.5 with gradle 2.8
The current GitHub master branch may be ahead of the Play Store version (and could be unstable/incomplete/buggy at some places)
This is a Decompiler that extracts the source code of an Android application (including XML files and image assets). Works directly from your android device.
- Select either CFR 0.110, JaDX 0.6.1 or FernFlower (analytical decompiler) to use as the decompiler (more to come).
- Runs directly on an android device (4.x and above).
- Select apk from sdcard (or) from a list of installed applications.
- Easy to use.
- Decompiles resources too (layouts, Drawables, Menus, AndroidManifest, image assets).
- Displays code in a clean-syntax-highlighted form.
- The decompiled source can easily be copied from the sdcard (source is stored in ShowJava folder in the sdcard).
- Simple source browser with a summary of all decompilation errors.
- Each decompiled source file has commented references to classes that could not be decompiled.
- Share the decompiled source easily with the built in archive + share mechanism.
- Does not work with system applications in most of the phones (especially ones that are not de-odexed).
- Slow on phones with single core processors.
Contributing to ShowJava
Head over here to know more about how to contribute, report bugs and request feature additions.
Open Source License
Show Java - A java/apk decompiler for android Copyright (C) 2017 Niranjan Rajendran This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
An unmodified copy of the above license text must be included in all forks.
To obtain the software under a different license, please contact Niranjan Rajendran at
me <at> niranjan.io.
- A Big-Huge Thanks to Lee Benfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) for his awesome CFR - Class File Reader
- Panxiaobo (email@example.com) for dex2jar.
- Liu Dong for apk-parser.
- Ben Gruver for dexlib2.
- skylot for JaDX.
- JetBrains for FernFlower analytical decompiler.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.