We recently reset this repository for working on a new version, at the moment we're making experiments. If you are looking for the old one, find it here.
The Citrus Engine is a professional-grade, scalable Flash game engine built for industry-quality games. It is built upon modern Flash programming practices, allowing you to focus on making your game awesome! It comes built-in with a "platformer" starter-kit, which you can use to easily make awesome 2D or 3D sidescrolling games.
The Citrus Engine is not only made for platformer games, but for all type of games. It offers a nice way to separate logic/physics from art.
It offers many options, you may use :
- select between : the classic flash display list, blitting, Starling (including Feathers) and Away3D.
- select between : Box2D, Nape, AwayPhysics and a Simple math based collision detection.
- a simple way to manage object creation, and for advanced developers : an entity/component system and object pooling.
- a LevelManager and a LoadManager which may use Flash Pro as a level editor.
- a Console, Sound management class, Keyboard and input handler...
- ant : an Ant file to build the different swcs.
- bin : CE's swcs produced with all libraries included.
- ce-asdoc : used to generate the documentation.
- fla : a Components.fla file including several classes for box2d and nape objects ready to import in your own fla to make quickly a level with Flash Pro.
- lib : the different swcs used.
- src : Citrus Engine's source code.
- srclib : as3 files of some libraries.
The Citrus Engine is proudly supported by: If you have any questions on the engine or need some help, we suggest to ask directly on the forum. However for people and companies desiring a strong support, a freelance game developer, or special features you may contact us directly: citrusengine[dot]framework[at]gmail[dot]com We will make a pricing plan depending on your need.
The Citrus Engine requested lots of work to become the most advanced Open-Source & free AS3 game engine. You can show us your love making a donation. It will be divided fairly between contributors. Donate