CSSdroid - convert CSS files to Android styles
CSSdroid is a gradle plugin to help you to create Android xml style files from CSS files. This project is a proof of concept that I've made just for fun. If you're really interested in this project, contact me and we'll talk about how to make it a production ready product :)
CSSdroid allow a minor subset of operators (inspired by less and sass)
- Variables (@variable: value;)
- Functions (property: function(valueA, valueB))
- Selectors (only allowed class selector)
- Dimension values, color values and numeric values
Add plugin classpath to your project:
Apply the plugin:
apply plugin: 'cssdroid'
And execute the generator task:
There are two different configuration params:
- cssDir: the path where the .css files are placed. Default value: /src/main/acss/
- outputDir: the path where the generated style files will be placed. Default value: /src/main/res/values/
Obviusly you can put whatever values you need.
IMHO to make this project really interesting and production ready, the way to go is to use lexical and grammar generators like lexx and yacc; or maybe a solution based on ANTLR or similar tools. In this way, is easier to maintain lexems allowed and all the syntax rules that can be applied.
Copyright 2016 Manuel Vera Nieto
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.