Android Empty Layout
Please note that this project is not being maintained now. Hopefully a new version will be available soon.
A library for showing different types of layouts when a list view is empty. These layouts can be shown when,
- the list is loading
- the list has no item to display
- an error occured trying to load items
Loading animation is also supported.
- Import the library project into your workspace.
- Use the imported project as a library for your project.
- In the
onCreateevent of your activity use the following code.
mListAdapter.clear(); EmptyLayout emptyLayout = new EmptyLayout(this, getListView());
- When you want to show the loading animation, use this code.
- When you want to show any error, use this code.
- When your list doesn't have any item to show, use this code.
Thats all you have to do to use this library. You may want to customize its behavior though.
P.S. Make sure you always clear the list adapter before calling
showError. The list have to empty after all.
There are bunch of methods to let you customize this pattern. Use the methods like this.
Some useful methods are given below
and there is more...
A simple example is also available.
Copyright 2014 Raquib-ul-Alam Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.