A resizer tool to automaticaly resize png files and 9 patches in several densities (previously hosted on https://code.google.com/p/9patch-resizer/)
To get the latest build (.jar or .exe file), check the release page on the github project: https://github.com/redwarp/9-Patch-Resizer/releases
The .exe file is just a wrapper around the executable .jar file, use it if you don't feel comfortable with a java archive ^_^
What is it exactly?
Let's face it : juggling with densities for Android is a bit of a pain, especially when dealing with 9 patch png.
And then comes this tool, that takes a xhdpi PNG file, or 9.png file, and generates ldpi, mdpi and hdpi png files automatically.
As simple as drag and drop can get.
And here is the changelog
Current version : 1.4.2
You're using 9patch resizer for your apps ? Don't hesitate and leave me a message!
- Images and stuff found on http://www.clker.com/ (The online royalty free public domain clip art)
- Images are downsized using an optimized incremental scaling algorithm proposed by Chris Campbell (whoever that is) - http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2007/04/03/perils-of-image-getscaledinstance.html
I'll be honest, I don't really maintain 9-Patch-Resizer anymore, as 9-patch are somewhat a thing of the past, and I use as many vector drawables as possible lately.
I will of course consider bug fixes, but I might not have the bandwidth for feature requests.
Sorry about that.
- A proper "Settings" panel, to handle issues such as jpeg compression, etc etc...
- A few optimisations
- Command line support
- Options to set the input density (if people wan't to downsize from hdpi and not from xdpi for instance)
- Proper JPG support
- Jean-Baptiste LAB - Made the app working in command line
Join us, and together, we can rule the galaxy as coders and...
- Soymonitus did a fork that also handles iOS resources, might come in handy for some people: https://github.com/soymonitus/9-Patch-Resizer
If for some weird reasons, some of your PNG files aren't resized properly, don't hesitate to send them to me, so that I can investigate !