This application tries to be 100% compatible with pass
You can install the application from:
Pull requests are more than welcome (see TODO).
- Clone an existing pass repository (ssh-key and user/pass support)
- List the passwords
- Handle the directories as categories
- Decrypt the password files (first line is the password, the rest is extra data)
- Add a new password to the current category (or no category if added at the root)
- Pull and Push changes to the remote repository
- Ability to change remote repository info
See the wiki for a newer written version of the following gif walkthrough
Q: What kind of repository can I clone from?
A: Make sure to only clone from bare repositories (see git-clone(1) for how to create a bare repository from an existing one). Otherwise the clone will fail.
Q: I get a "Permission Denied" error when trying to import my ssh-key, why?
A: ssh-key files are usually created with permissions set to
600, meaning that only the creator of this key has the right to read from it. The application needs a read access, at least temporarily, make the permissions to
644, import the key, then set them back to
Q I get the error No encrypted data with known secret key found in stream
A In OpenKeyChain (under the left drawer) Apps > Password Store > Accounts > (select the account) > Account key select the key used to encrypt your passwords.
Ways to get in touch:
- Github issues, use it if you have a bug report, you do not understand how something works or you want to submit a feature request.
Interested in helping to translate Password Store? Contribute here:
Libraries that this project uses:
- OpenKeyChain for encryption and decryption of passwords.
- JGit git library.
- Apache's FileUtils for file manipulations.
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. Want to contribute? See if you can find an issue you wanna close, then send a PR!
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]