An image download-and-cacher that also knows how to efficiently generate and retrieve thumbnails of various sizes.
- easily integrates into content-provider backed applications, providing an adapter that can read local and web URLs from a cursor
- automatic generation and caching of multiple sizes of images based on one downloaded asset
- provides a disk cache as well as a memory cache
- automatic disk cache management; no setup necessary, but parameters can be fine-tuned if desired
- designed to work with your existing setup: no extending a custom application or activity needed
- cursor adapter supports multiple image fields for each ImageView; skips fields that are null or empty
- cursor adapter has an automatic progress bar when loading the cursor
Please see the
test/ directory for both a simple example of using it as well as some unit tests. When running the application in
test/ make sure to run it as an Android activity if you want to see the demo.
Both the unit tests and the interactive test load some images from our lab's servers.
MEL Android Image Cache Copyright (C) 2011-2013 MIT Mobile Experience Lab
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA