Why this Repo?
MaterialTabsTemplate is solely created to reduce the burden of writing same boiler plate codes for Tab creation in Android.
Following are the possible styles of Tabs that can be generated from MaterialTabsTemplate.
Simple Tabs (Top & Bottom)
Icon Tabs (Top & Bottom)
Icon with Text Tabs (Top & Bottom)
Icon with Badge Tabs (Top & Bottom)
- Download or clone this repo
- Rename the downloaded folder to MaterialTabsTemplate and copy the complete folder.
Paste the selected files into
Go to Applications, Choose Android Studio, Right click and select Show Package Contents options.
Navigate to > Contents - Plugins - android - lib - templates - other - paste the downloaded MaterialTabsTemplate folder
Go to C - Program Files - Android - Android Studio
C:\Program Files\Android\Android Studio\
Navigate to Plugins - android - lib - templates - other - paste the downloaded MaterialTabsTemplate folder
It is easy and pretty straight forward
- Open your project in Android Studio.
- Right click on your project root package.
- Navigate to New - Other - MaterialTabsTemplate
And This is how Template Wizard looks like!
Why TabLayout instead of Design support BottomNavigationView?
I have plenty of reasons for the same as below:
- It’s not flexible.
- Random behaviour if there are less tab items.
- Customising text sizes and icon sizes are like a nightmare (Just try adding small sized icon for one tab and big sized icon for the other ;-) ).
Also refer RecyclerViewTemplate:
Pull requests and contributions are most welcome.
Any type of Tabs layout on mind? You can always drop a mail!.